Ashford play away on Tuesday evening to South Park FC, in the 1st Round of the Surrey Senior Cup.

South Park are members of the Bostick League Division One South in which they currently sit in 10th position.  Ashford supporters will remember that we travelled to the ground in the summer for a pre-season friendly when a thunder storm caused the match to be abandoned, with the Tangerines one down at the time.  The address is King Georges Field, Whitehall Lane, South Park, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 8LG, and it is a journey of around 30 miles between the two grounds.

Other news is that, following their barnstorming win at Hastings on Saturday, Ashford have been rewarded with a home tie in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the FA Trophy on Saturday 11 November against either Kingstonian or Thurrock, who replay tomorrow at Thurrock following a 1-1 draw on Saturday.  Both are members of the Bostick Premier Division.  It also means that the away match against Hanwell Town will now have to be re-arranged.

Another excellent win by the Ladies on Sunday saw them beating Clapham United Ladies by 5 goals to nil, courtesy of strikes from Ashley Cheatley (3), Lavana Neufville and Samara Phillips-Hines, who was also voted "player of the match", a win that puts the team at the top of Division One of Greater London Women's League with four wins out of four so far.  Next Sunday they are away to Kingstonian Ladies, prior to their Women's FA Cup match at home to Milton Keynes Dons Ladies the week afterwards.

Please note that with no youth training on Tuesday and the 1st Team away, the club will not be open on Tuesday evening.

It has come to light that South Park's draw on Saturday was actually in the League, not the FA Trophy, so the Surrey Senior Cup match away to them on Tuesday remains ON, kick-off 7.45 p.m.

Ashford secured their place in the 2nd Qualifying Round of the FA Trophy on Saturday with a thrilling win away to Bostick League side Hastings United by 4 goals to 3.

On a beautiful day and on a superb pitch that was a credit to the home side, Ashford made a fast start to the match, and with the Hasting defence looking less than confident, it was Romario Jonas who opened the scoring within less than two minutes gone.  The goal owed much to the craft of James Cottee who held the ball up well on the right flank before slipping it to Jonas, whose fierce cross shot gave the keeper little chance.

One sensed that all was not well with Hastings with more than one of their supporters heard to be muttering about their club’s team selection and tactics and when Ashford scored again on 21 minutes, a straightforward victory seemed on the cards.  The goal was undoubtedly the best of the match as Dan Fleming released Jack Beadle down the left wing and Ashford’s om-form player got to the byeline and pulled it back with deliberationl to Max Webb who again gave the keeper no chance.

Football being what it is though, Ashford seemed to take their foot off the gas and paid a price just eight minutes later when Hastings used their main weapon which was an extraordinarily long throw.  It had already caused one or two problems and as this one homed in on keeper Tyler Tobin he was hemmed in by three home players and could not get a meaningful touch. There was an almighty scramble and visiting skipper Russell Canderton seemed to end up with the final touch for an own goal although Hastings credited it to their own Ansu Janneh.  Ashford felt that their goalkeeper was being given insufficient protection throughout the afternoon but referee Rudd remained unsympathetic.

As is so often the case, the goal breathed new life into the home side and they were on top for the remainder of the half, even though Ashford arguably had the best chance when a sublime movement saw Jack Beadle in the clear but his effort passed just over the bar.

Hastings supporters could certainly not complain about the effort their side was putting in and few would have been confident in predicting the result at half-time.  As it was, play was relatively even but when Ashford attacked they always broke fast and it was that pace that brought about the next dividend as another excellent passing movement saw Jack Beadle atoning for his earlier miss with another fine effort to restore Ashford’s two goal cushion.

As the game progressed Ashford were having ever greater concerns with the refereeing.  Mr.Rudd had already shown a lack of any tolerance having cautioned both Dan Fleming and Tommy Brunton for expressing a view, which was, of course unwise.  However, the official now seemed to be showing a noticeable lack of consistency.  Both Max Webb and Romario Jonas were the subject of quite poor fouls, without any cautions ensuing whilst Canderton was then booked for a foul which was merited but hardly consistent with what had been allowed to go unpunished.  Scott Weight then went into the book for apparently “shouting” at his team mates and Webb was then forced to leave the field after another foul, for which his opponent was cautioned, when, of course, he should have been allowed to stay on.  Ashford were not blameless in the fouls department by any means but this was never a dirty match in any shape or form.  On came Yah-Ya El Kabouche to weave some magic but he was quickly made to disappear as he committed two fouls in quick succession, neither particularly violent but Mr. Rudd  had his red card out faster than a gun slinger, leaving Ashford to see out the last ten minutes or more with ten men.

In the meantime, Hastings had pulled another back when a corner kick was headed home by Janneh and it was looking as if it would be a long ten minutes, or rather eighteen following the signal for six additional minutes which actually turned in to eight and a bit.

Sure enough, Hasting’s efforts brought them another goal, this time from Ollie Rowe  as stoppage time got underway and it was now three apiece.  A replay or even worse loomed for Ashford but virtually from the re-start, they surged forward and it was Ashford “man of the match” Jack Beadle who put Ashford in front yet again for a very hard fought 4-3 victory.

We now await Monday’s draw with anticipation.  Hopefully our winner’s cheque won’t bounce as has the one we picked up for a winning round in the FA Cup (yes, it’s true!).  Apparently two signatures are required on FA cheques and there was only one!  Hard to say how many banks would have picked that up but ours did.

There is now no match on Tuesday as South Park, our opponents in the Surrey Senior Cup, drew their FA Trophy match yesterday against Horsham and the replay will take precedence over the County Cup match.  The next game, therefore, is on Saturday when we will entertain Bedford Town, more of which during the week.  Good luck to all our junior sides and the Ladies, who are at home this afternoon to Clapham United Ladies in what should be a close game with Clapham having only been beaten once this season.  Kick-off is at 2.00 p.m.

Ashford have often approached matches against Fleet Town with a degree of trepidation as the Tangerines have rarely played well against them and prior to last night’s game, they had lost four in a row against their opponents.  That trepidation was possibly increased last night as Fleet came into the match on the back of a 2-0 success over Marlow on Saturday whilst Ashford had succumbed fairly weakly at Thame.

The odds upon a 10-0 win for the Tangerines beforehand, therefore, would have been extremely long but that was how it turned out, with Ashford in superlative form.  It should be conceded that one or two decisions went their way for a change whilst Fleet produced arguably the most spectacular shot of the night when they were only one down, the effort crashing off the underside of the bar and rebounding to safety.  Ashford’s opponents also had a player sent off on around 20 minutes when Ashford were already two up and looking strong.

The scoring started in the 7th minute when James Cottee followed up on a shot from Max Webb (?) and was on hand to stroke the ball into the net.  Play was reasonably even for a while after that and whilst Ashford were looking far better than they had on Saturday, there was no hint of what was to come.  A strong run though from Jack Beadle produced the second goal on 26 minutes, as he took the ball past three defenders and smashed it home.  Two minutes later it was three, this time from the spot, when a penalty was awarded for handball.  Alex Fisher made no mistake.

Fleet were starting to look in some disarray, having gone down to ten men for an over violent reaction to a tackle and the fourth goal arrived when Dan Fleming was adjudged onside but still with a lot to do.  He made no mistake though and rounded the keeper and scored.  Overall it was an excellent movement but It should be conceded that a number of Ashford supporters also felt that an offside decision could have been given in the build-up.

There was no let up for the beleaguered defenders though and on the stroke of half-time, Fleming struck again, taking full advantage of a precise cross from the busy Tommy Brunton.

The second half was similar and nine minutes into it, Max Webb met another cross from Brunton and his powerful header found its way in despite a brave effort from the keeper.  Fleming followed in just in case but it was clearly already over the line.

Cottee made it eight on 64 minutes when he headed in Beadle’s corner and we then had a lull in the goalscoring largely because Ashford became wasteful, missing numerous chances.  Fleet to their credit kept going but on the night the ten men had no answer and eventually it was sub Jabir Laraba who made it eight, following up his own rebound from the post to slot home.

With five minutes left on the clock, Cottee  completed his hatrick to make it nine with a fierce effort from the edge of the area and the magic tenth goal was a much deserved effort from Brunton, just into stoppage time.

The question was asked afterwards when Ashford had last scored ten goals in a competitive match, speculation settling upon the FA Cup match against Badshot Lea in 2009.  There has though been a more recent example and that was on 30 March 2013, when Ashford beat Woodford United, also in a Southern League match, by 10 goals to nil.

The win will put Ashford in good heart for their trip to Hastings United on Saturday in the FA trophy.  There will be more on that match later in the week but there are still some spaces left on the coach at the moment.   The list is on the notice in the clubhouse.

Finally the Under-18’s are at home this evening (Wednesday 25 Oct) to Hampton & Richmond U18 in the Ryman Youth League, kick-ff 7.45 p.m.


In the first meeting between the clubs for eleven years, Ashford lost 0-3 at Thame United on Saturday.

Following some superb performances recently, Ashford were just not at the races in a match played in horrendously windy conditions which the home side mastered far better than the Tangerines.  It did not look as if it would be that way at the start of the game as Ashford, playing into the teeth of the wind, defended well, with Tyler Tobin largely untroubled.

On 17 minutes though as skipper Russ Canderton went to defend yet another high ball into the box, he misjudged the flight leaving Thame’s Adam Morris an almost open goal, and the striker made no mistake.

More damage was done just four minutes later when once again a home player got free only for Samad Kazi’s desperate tackle to bring him down.  Referee Danaher was quick to award the penalty and issue a yellow card to Kazi, before the taker Lynton Goss just managed to avoid Tobin’s dive.

At this stage, there was still plenty of optimism within the visiting ranks that Ashford might well be able to pull it back in the second period when they would have the advantage of the elements but it became harder on 38 minutes when Ashford were again caught defending too high and Dan West found himself in the clear and gave Tobin no chance.

On such an unusual day weather wise, there was still a certain expectation within the tangerine ranks, even at three nil down, that goals would come but thanks to competent defending by Thame, there were very few clear chances for the visitors.  Max Webb and Tommy Brunton managed a decent effort each but both were at the keeper.  There was also a crucial decision against Ashford early on in the second period when Dan Fleming was quite clearly shoved in the box but Mr. Danagher waved play on, which did not endear him to the away supporters as it certainly looked fairly blatant.  It was frustrating that the home keeper wasted so much time during the second period (and was allowed to do so) but in all honesty it was one of those days when we just never looked like pulling it round.  Thus Thame fully deserved the spoils, taking their chances in the first half and defending capably in the second.

There were some surprise results in the League on Saturday with Hartley Wintney and AFC Rushden & Diamonds both losing and not too much ground has been lost.  Ashford must put it behind them as we move on to Tuesday evening when Fleet Town are the visitors to Short Lane for a 7.45 pm kick-off. 

In the meantime there plenty of junior games on Sunday and the Ladies entertain Hampton & Richmond Borough, on Wednesday, kicking off as usual at 2.00 p.m.

The Under-18’s are at home to Hampton & Richmond on Wednesday evening, kick-off 7.45 p.m.

Under 18s Head Coach

We are looking for a well qualified coach who has experience of working with 16-18 year olds in football.
The coach will plan and implement training sessions and also lead on a matchday. The chosen coach will also work closely with the 1st Team Manager in providing a link between the two teams.
The chosen coach will also be allowed to bring in his own staff and players, to add to the existing group.
The team currently play in the Sportswik Youth League (formally named Ryman Youth League) and has the reputation of being the strongest youth league in the south of England.

First Team Matchday Physio

This position is open to experienced matchday physio’s or is ideal for an University student looking for work experience, as the First Team are looking for a matchday physio to be available from 1.30pm on a matchday through to 5.30pm.  Matchdays are usually Saturday (1.30pm to 5.30pm) and Tuesdays (6.30pm to 9.45pm).

If you are interested in either of the vacancies above then please contact First Team Manager Ben Murray at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., leaving your contact details and brief details of your previous experience. We will then contact you within 24 hours and successful candidates will be asked to meet with.

Both positions will require a DBS to be completed and the club’s welfare officer will need to see the relevant documentation etc.

Following Tuesday’s successful jaunt in the Middlesex Senior Cup, it’s back to the League on Saturday for the Tangerines as they visit newly promoted Thame United, in the first meeting between the clubs since 25 February 2006, when Ashford managed to win 5-0 during their first promotion season in the Southern League.  Scorers that day were Gavin Smith (2) (who has just taken over as joing manager with Jon Palmer at Godalming Town), Jason Chewins and Anthony Joseph.

Since then Thames have moved to a new purpose built ground and have done well in their first season back at Step 4, currently sitting in 12th place in the table.  They lost 2-4 at Cambridge City last week in the League but, like ourselves, were successful in the FA trophy, with a 1-0 win away at Mangotsfield Town.

The address of the ground is Meadow View Park Tythrop Way Thame Oxon OX9 3RN and kick-off as usual is at 3.00 p.m.  It is a journey of around 43 miles each way.

If anyone needs a lift, Barry Smith is leaving the club at 1.30 p.m. and has room for passengers.  Contact him on 07759 043211 if interested. 


We are helping to promote the event below to help the Staines Rotary Club with their Christmas Fun Run, for local good causes.  I know it's on a Sunday so a lot of people will be tied up with football but if there are people aavilable within the Club to do this, I am sure you will receive plenty of sponsorship


Staines Rotary is excited to announce that, following last year’s inaugural Santa Fun Run, we are this year going to do it again! But this year, its going to be better – and bigger. Which is why I am writing to you.

If you were with us last year, you’ll agree everyone had a lot of fun; so you won’t want to miss it this year.

So I am inviting you to come and join us for the 2017 Santa Fun Run, sponsored by Staines Rotary, in conjunction with Two Rivers Shopping Centre and Elmsleigh Shopping Centre and the Staines BID team.

Date: Sunday 19th November

Start time: assembly 9.30am for a 10.0am start. Pure Gym will give us a warm up pre-race, working out to the music of Radio Wey.

Distance: 3.5km (a tad over two miles)

Start place: High street outside Nostrano Bar and coffee lounge

Come and join us as we paint Staines red, and afterwards join in the Christmas parade

How to register:

Cost: Adults £12.50 (Santa suits provided) – see Eventbrite for children and family rates.

Why?: You will be supporting local charities - Funds raised will be used for Rotary community projects but principally for Transform and Shooting Star Chase; and you will share in a bit of the excitement in the town that day. 

Afterwards, stay on and join the Town’s Christmas parade, or enjoy a cup of coffee at Nostrano or a cocktail at Turtle Bay.

Please display the attached poster on your notice Board, or otherwise bring the event to the notice of your employees/members.  Thankyou! We look forward to seeing you on 19th November.



Charles Crane

President, Rotary Staines 2017/18

We have heard from the FA this evening that one of the FA Inspectors is ill and that the ground inspection due on Friday has been postponed for the time being.

Ashford made progress in the Middlesex Senior Cup on Tuesday evening, winning at Wembley FC by three goals to one.

A tortuous journey that caused several Ashford supporters to be late did not seem to have much bearing upon the team as they attacked from the start and, on a pristine surface, opened the scoring within 5 minutes through Jabir Laraba whose deft effort gave the keeper no chance.  The goal owed much to the determination of Max Webb, as he powered through two tackles to set up the opportunity .

Ashford remained well on top but with the woodwork twice thwarting their efforts it was a surprise that it took until 35 minutes for the second goal to arrive.  Once again excellent work by the powerful Webb  put Jack Beadle in this time and Ashford’s on-form player made no mistake.

Wembley though had been showing signs of getting into the game and with both sides playing the ball around well, it was an excellent match to watch as play became more even.  If anything it was over elaboration by Wembley that let them down but it was certainly clear that they are not third in their league for nothing and the Tangerines did not have it all their own way.

The home side renewed their efforts in the second period but Ashford rarely allowed them to get too close and it was effectively game over when Beadle made it three just after the hour mark, finishing off a flowing movement that even drew appreciation from the Wembley bench.

All credit goes to the home side who continued to play their football and were rewarded with a goal of their own on 77 minutes and then fluffed a golden opportunity for a second soon afterwards.  That was their last throw of the dice though as Ashford ended the game on a high note as Nathan Pooley saw his effort hit both posts before rebounding to safety.  The vote afterwards for Ashford "Man of the Match" went to Jack Beadle.  It was richly deserved but Max Webb and others were not too far behind.

Overall it had been a match with lots of good football from both sides and was well refereed, with no cards needing to be shown.

Ashford are now due to play away to Barnet in the 2nd Round.  It would be unlikely that they would field too many 1st Team players if any but more news on that one in due course.

In the meantime, the Under-18’s showed that they are gradually finding their feet but they lost 2-3 after extra time to Bedfont Sports in the Middlesex Senior Youth Cup on Monday.  We wish them well in the next round.

Next up for the 1st Team is a trip to Thame United on Saturday in the League.  There will be more on that one on Friday.

Ashford travel to play Wembley FC in the 1st Round of the Middlesex Senior Cup this evening, kick-off 7.45 p.m., with the winners due to be away to Barnet FC in the next round.

After a number of years in the CCL, Wembley were transferred to the Spartan South Midlands League for the 2014-2015, finishing in 4th place last season.   They have been doing well this season also and are in 3rd place at the moment, although they have played a match or two more than most of the clubs around them.  We did, of course, meet earlier this season when we won 3-0 in the FA cup, although the match was closer than the result suggests.

The address of the ground is Vale Farm, Watford Road, Wembley, London, HA0 3HG.  Parking is available but it is limited although the Leisure Centre is within yards of the ground.  The pitch is generally excellent.

There will be a coach travelling to Hastings United for the FA Trophy match on Saturday 28 October.  The cost of travel will be £10 per person (£5 for Under-16's).

Just to be clear, everyone is expected to pay with the exception of the playing squad and management.  We will collect the money before boarding.

There will be a list on the notice board later this evening to put your name down, or alternatively you can email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

We will have 30+ seats available on the coach for committee and supporters



Ashford scooped up three more points on Saturday, beating Hayes & Yeading in the first ever league match between the clubs, by four goals to nil.  The result along with others saw the Tangerines nicely tucked in, in 4th place, with matches in hand on the teams above them.

Ashford have made a habit of scoring early goals lately and this match followed the same pattern, with Jack Beadle notching after just four minutes.  He picked the ball up on the left, deceived two opponents and got a low shot off which found its way into the left hand corner of the net.

Immediately after this H & Y enjoyed their best period of the match and the home defence was at full strength for a while one shot in particular whistling just over the bar.  The visitors then had the ball in the net but after a considerable delay it was ruled offside, much to the annoyance of the goodly gathering of Hayes supporters behind the goal who let referee Ellsmore know what they thought of the decision.   With plenty of children in the ground, it has to be said that the language of one or two supporters was way over the top although it certainly looked a controversial decision.

The next significant moment came though when Ashford doubled the lead on 25 minutes.  It was against the overall run of play at that stage but once again, after good work by Dan Fleming, it was Beadle whose pressing led to him robbing a defender and swivelling to send his effort home.  From that moment, the visitors, it has to be said, looked a beaten team.

Ashford have not always defended a two goal lead very well but there were no such problems this time and the third goal came on 57 minutes when Alex Fisher sent in a superb free kick from the left for Max Webb to rise above everyone and power home a header, to open his account for the season.

Ten minutes later there was a set back as Ashford keeper Tyler Tobin was injured in a nasty collision and he had to leave the field with a large cut to the face.  For the first time ever, evergreen skipper Russell Canderton took over the gloves and, despite the incident giving the visitors some renewed momentum, he was rarely troubled and looked more than competent on the few occasions he was called into action.

Indeed as the game drew to a close, with nine additional minutes signalled, it was the Tangerines who scored to go four up.  Once again it was a combination between Fisher and Webb that did the trick.  This time it was a free kick from midfield and the unmarked Webb once again was the first to react as he glanced a delicate header over the keeper.

It’s cup action again next, on Tuesday evening, when Ashford will visit Wembley FC in the 1st Round of the Middlesex Senior Cup, to see who goes through to meet Barnet in the 2nd Round.  Kick-off is 7.45 p.m. and there will be more on the web site tomorrow about this game.

The Ladies are actually at home this afternoon, not away as first thought, against Whyteleafe Ladies in the Capital Counties Cup, the junior version of which they won last season.  Kick-off is 2.00 p.m.

It's back to the League this afternoon as we welcome Hayes & Yeading FC to Short Lane for the very first league encounter between our clubs, the only previous meeting being some eleven days ago when we played at H & Y's new ground in the Big Freebet.Com Challenge Cup. 

It is likely that our squad will be stronger today as we look to preserve our position in the play-off places.  Our visitors did not make the greatest of starts to their first ever season at this level but they seem to have found their feet now and will arrive in 13th place in the table although it's still very early days.

After today we make the short but tortuous trip to Wembley on Tuesday in the Middlesex Senior Cup, kick-off 7.45 p.m.  There will be full details on the website over the next couple of days.  The winners will have an interesting game away to Barnet.

Next Saturday, we are away to Thame United in the League.  They are a newly promoted team so we didn't play them last season but we did play at their ground as Aylesbury United were ground sharing there last season.

The Ladies are away to Whyteleafe Ladies tomorrow in the Capital Cup, having stepped up from the Junior to the Senior section this season


Ashford Ladies’ win over London Kent Football United Ladies on Sunday has seen them safely through all the qualifying rounds to the 1st Round Proper of the Women’s FA Cup and they have been rewarded with another home draw, this time against Milton Keynes Dons Ladies, (NOT AFC Wimbledon Ladies) who currently compete in the FA Women's Premier League, South East, Division One.  At the time of writing they sit in 4th position in their League.  

If the writer has worked this out properly, MK Dons Ladies play at Step 4 in the Women’s Pyramid (behind the two divisions of the Women’s Super League and the Premier Division of the Women’s Premier League) whilst our Ladies play at Step 8, in Division One of the Greater London Women’s League.

Translated, that means it will be a huge match for our girls, probably the biggest the fledgling Ashford Ladies FC have ever played, and they deserve a big crowd on Sunday 12 November, kick-off 2.00 p.m.




Ashford beat Uxbridge by four goals to one on Saturday to make progress in the FA Trophy.  They will be away on Saturday 28 October to either Romford or Hastings United in the 2nd Qualifying Round, who play today (Sunday).  There was speculation yesterday that it could be on a Sunday if Romford won but that won’t be the case, as Thurrock whose ground they use are playing away in the FA Trophy on the Friday evening..

The Tangerines were off to a good start, taking the lead after just two minutes.  The ball was worked to the left flank and a bullet like low cross evaded Paul McCarthy in the visitors’ goal and was turned in by Dan Fleming.  This gave Ashford an impetus and they retained control of the match looking comfortable, and doubling the lead on 24 minutes when a deep cross from Yha-Ya El Kabouche was headed back across goal by Romario Jonas for Scott Weight to head home.

At this point Ashford supporters were relaxed but the old saying that goals change games is very true as Uxbridge pulled one back from the spot ten minutes later.  It was a poor attempt at a clearance by Jonas that lead to the penalty as Tyler Tobin came racing out but only succeeded in bringing his opponent down, although many felt that he actually got the ball.  For a moment it looked as if he might be sent off but Mr. Grimsey contented himself with just a yellow card which was probably the correct decision under the present laws as it was a genuine attempt to get the ball.  The Uxbridge scorer was Dylan Kearney.

The goal gave Uxbridge some momentum and Ashford were rattled, leading to cautions in quick succession for both Scott Weight and Alex Fisher.

There was no further scoring before half-time and the second half was less inspiring as Uxbridge enjoyed greater possession but were unable to make too much of it.  The game was drifting but towards the end Ashford started to look more threatening again and made it pay when James Cottee got on the end of a rather scruffy free kick from Fisher which nevertheless found its way right across goal before Cottee eased Ashford nerves as he stroked it in.

Uxbridge were now a beaten side and their frustrations showed as skipper Kevin warner found himself the subject of two yellow cards within seconds of each other, the second for dissent.  He could possibly count himself as unlucky but Ashford then rubbed it in with a fourth goal as Jack Beadle swung in a corner allowing Jonas  to make up for his earlier error as he headed home with aplomb.

The final scoreline of 4-1 was possibly a little unlucky on the visitors but it was Ashford well and truly in the mythical hat for the next round, details of which to follow as soon as we know where we’re going.

Please note that Aylesbury United drew their Trophy match on Saturday , so our scheduled match against them on Tuesday evening is now off, as they will be involved in a replay.

Finally the best of luck to the Ladies who have their 3rd Qualifying Round match in the Women’s FA Cup this afternoon (Sunday) taking on Kent Ladies United FC at Short Lane, kick-off 2.00 p.m.

Here are Sunday's Junior Fixtures plus last Sunday's Results:


Ashford Sports Club – Short Lane 11-a-side Pitch

Russ U14s v Whitton Wanderers 10am


Cordelia Park 11-a-side Carpark Pitch 1

John U14s v Old Actonians 10:30am (COUNTY CUP)


Cordelia Park 11-a-side Pitch 2

Fin U14s v Venceremos 10:30am (COUNTY CUP)


Ashford Town 5 – 5 Pitch 1

Chris U7s v Bracknell/Meadow Sports/Spelthorne (trophy event)


Ashford Town 7 – 7 Pitch 1

Matt U10s v Hampton & Richmond 10am

Bill U9s v Sutton 11am


Ashford Town 7 – 7 Pitch 3

Neil U9s v Manorcroft 10am

Steve U9s v Hampton & Richmond 11am

Sam U9s v Hampton & Richmond 12pm


Ashford Town 9 – 9 Pitch

Iain U11s v Sutton United 10am

Darren U11s v Met Police 11:15am

Ashford Town– Stadium

Ladies v London Kent 2pm 


Away Games

Cam U7s v trophy event

Colin U8s v Woking

Michael U8s v Byfleet

Andy U10s v Motspur Park

Rhys U10s v Sandgate

Ryan U10s v Sutton

Matt U11s v Esher Wizards

Andy U12s v Hampton Rangers

Darren U12s v Claygate

Ian U13s v Ickenham (COUNTY CUP)

Dave U13s v Manorcroft

Paul U14s v Brook house (COUNTY CUP)

Craig U15s v St Helier

Steve U15s v Park View (COUNTY CUP)

Martin U16s v SCR Colts

Results Sunday 1 October

Chris U7s – L

Colin U8s – W

Michael U8s – W

Sam U9s 3-1 Kew Association

Andy U10s 6-0 Walcountians

Matt U11s 6-2 Twickenham Tigers

Graham U12s 2-5 Manorcroft

Andy U12s 2-1 Whitton

Darren U12s 2-1 Kew Park

Ian U13s 3-3 AC Fulham

Dave U13s 7-3 Hanworth

Paul U14s 3-0 Old Isworthians

John U14s 2-3 Epsom

Craig U15s 3-4 Kew Park

Fin U15s 0-2 Worcester Park

Steve U15s 1-10 SCR Colts

Martin U16s 2-3 Kew Park 


Ashford will entertain Uxbridge on Saturday in the opening round of this season's FA Trophy at Short Lane, kick-off 3.00 p.m. The programme is available to download.

The Tangerines had the edge over their visitors in the recent league encounter at Uxbridge, winning by 4 goals to 2, but that will count for little tomorrow.  It is likely that Ashford will have a far more recognisable line-up tomorrow, but one that will certainly include James Cottee who played very well in his comeback match against Hayes on Tuesday evening.following his operation.

Ashford's first ever match against H & Y ended in a 0-3 defeat with no less than 7 players starting a 1st Team match for the first time this season.  Despite playing some neat football at times, Ashford were unable to create very many clear chances, Jabir Laraba going closest with two efforts that were easily saved plus another from Ya-Yha El Kabouche that hit the woodwork.  Immediately after that, the home side went straight down the field and scored from the spot as Will Boye rather lunged in.  That made it 0-2 at half-time.  The second half was rather uninspiring with neither side getting too hot under the collar.  Eventually H & Y hit their third goal which clinched the match.

We can bet upon the passion returning on Saturday though, the prize for the winners being an away trip to either Romford or Hastings United, who play on Sunday.

Good luck to our Ladies side on Sunday, who entertain London Kent United Ladies in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Women's FA Cup, kick-off 2.00 p.m.

Congratulations to Ben Murray and the team.  As you can see from the extract below from the League Web Site, we have won the "Team of the Month" award for September, both for our run of league wins and our exploits in the FA Cup.

Hereford, Ashford Town (Middx) and Swindon Supermarine have scooped the EVO-STIK League South’s Club of the Month accolades for September.

The trio were named on Wednesday as September’s winners of the monthly competition to recognise and reward the top performers among the 68 clubs playing in the EVO-STIK League South’s three divisions. Like all EVO-STIK League South performance kings, the trio are now looking forward to being presented with cut glass trophies.

Under the guidance of manager Peter Beadle, Hereford collected 12 points from 12 on offer with four wins along with reaching the Fourth Qualifying Round of the Emirates FA Cup.

Ashford Town (Middx) led the way in the EVO-STIK League South, East to collect the second award of the season 9 points from a possible 9, with the best average points per game. Ashford Town (Middx) also reached the Third Round Qualifying stages of the Emirates FA Cup

In EVO-STIK League South, West Swindon Supermarine and manager Dave Webb recorded three wins out of three conceding zero goals and narrowly beaten by League rivals Paulton Rovers in the Emirates FA Cup.

This is our first ever such award under the auspices of the Evostick League, the last time this happened being when we were in the Ryman League, Prem and won our first six matches under Mark Butler.

Ashford’s run in the Emirates FA Cup came to an end on Saturday, as visitors Leatherhead won a close 3rd Qualifying Round match by two goals to one, despite conceding an early penalty when Max Webb was bundled off the ball by Lee Minshull.  It is a fair bet that not every referee would have given it but a more convincing appeal just a minute earlier had been turned down so that may have been in the referee’s mind.

Alex Fisher stepped up and placed his shot in the corner, sending the keeper the wrong way.

Leatherhead quickly showed though that they were of a quality not previously faced by the Tangerines and it did not take long for them to equalise.  The goal itself was controversial as Minshull seemed to knock Ashford keeper Tyler Tobin off the ball, which takes some doing, as he headed firmly home from a corner kick.  If Ashford were a tad fortunate with the penalty award, they were distinctly unfortunate that the goal counted as most referees tend to react to any challenge on the keeper.

For the remainder of the half, it would be fair to say that the visitors enjoyed the greater possession but Ashford were never out of it, especially when they broke fast as they so often do, and both Mark Bitmead and Dan Fleming went close.  Tobin was on top form at the other end as the visitors also looked dangerous and a stalemate ensued.

There was no further scoring in the first half but Ashford suffered a blow when Bitmead was unable to come out for the second half after getting a knock.  On came Jabir Laraba who is always energetic but it was the visitors who turned the game round on 54 minutes when Jack Midson just about got the ball over the line following a rebound.

After that Leatherhead seemed content to soak up anything Ashford could throw at them which they did fairly comfortably and most were of the opinion that they had done enough to deserve to win.  As the match reached its climax, Ashford threw caution to the wind and Fleming almost equalised but it was not to be.

Overall, Ashford were unable to retain the ball quite as much as they have in recent matches no doubt because of the quality of the opposition but the Tangerines generally defended well with Max Webb being named “Ashford man of the match”.  We wish Leatherhead all the best in the next round.

Ashford now have two further cup matches before getting back to league fare.  On Tuesday we visit the Skyex Community Stadium to play against Hayes & Yeading in the 1st Round of the Big Cup (League Cup).  The full address is Beaconsfield Road, Hayes, Middlesex, UB4 0SL and kick-off is 7.45 p.m.  They too departed the FA Cup on Saturday losing 0-4 at home to Havant & Waterlooville.  H & Y are playing at our level for the first time and did not make the best of starts but have been doing much better in the League in recent weeks.  Ashford seem likely to give starts to some of the players who have not had so much game time recently.  It was good to see both Joe Green and James Cottee at the ground on Saturday.  Joe confirmed he is probably out for the rest of the season after his injury at Marlow whilst James, who has had a minor op, hopes to be back very soon, possibly as early as next Saturday, when we entertain Uxbridge in the 1st Qualifying Round of the FA Trophy.

Well done to the ladies who travelled to meet Bromley Ladies in their second league match in Division One of the Greater London Women’s League on Sunday and duly returned home with the points, winning by three goals to nil, scorers being Vicky James, Holly Berry and Lavana Neufville