Despite lots of possession, and first half chances, Ashford fell at the first hurdle in the Middlesex FA Senior Cup to local rivals Bedfont Sports.

A dimly lit and quiet backdrop in Bedfont saw a lacklustre Tuesday night cup game end with defeat to a much changed Tangerines lineup. Having started the more brightly Ashford found themselves trailing at the break much against the run of play with Bedfont converting the main chance that they created. It was all positive from Ashford right from the kick off as they looked to retain the ball and get at the Bedfont defence. Kelvin Adjei had a great shot across goal in the 17th minute which marked the start of some good chances for the Tangerines. This was closely followed by another good move two minutes later as Hafid Benyoufe put Kelvin through again with a lovely pass, but the keeper rushed out to sweep up and clear just in time. On 25 minutes Vitor Monteiro found himself with an opportunity just inside the box but his well hit shot flashed wide of the far hand post. Ashford continued to have a majority of the ball with another opportunity in the 38th minute, a well threaded ball through by Scott Weight found Hafid Bounyafe but his shot from distance was well saved. Bedfont failed to get in to the game much until the 40th minute when they fashioned a good break to get in on goal and snatch the lead, much against the run of play. The opener was smashed home at the second attempt by Andy Ali from just outside the 6-yard box. It was then the hosts that had another great chance five minutes later as another great shot hit the inside of the left hand post to deflect across the goal-line.

Ashford started the second half brightly again, and almost had an equaliser on 47 minutes. A very well taken direct free-kick by Robert Mundow, well outside the Bedfont box, went just wide. The second half then seemed to just peter out with both sides knocking the ball around in midfield but never creating much. Both sides made changes in a bid to inject some life back in to proceedings, Ashford certainly looking for a lift to push back on and grab the equaliser. Unfortunately there were no real further chances until late on in the 86th minute when Bedfont got through again with a quick break, Jack Torbett doubling their lead and most definitely putting the game beyond Ashford.